Elliot and Jeremy from TFS Retreats are offering a 1-2-1 online mentorship programme to retreat venue and property owners, aimed at helping them substantially grow and systemise their retreat venue business.
This mentorship is for:
- Current holiday home owners or agents who want to get more bookings by offering their property for retreats
- Current retreat venue owners who are struggling to get enough clients
- New retreat venue owners who want to kickstart their business and attract new clients
If you’re any of the above, we’ve set up this mentorship programme just for you. Allow us to save you months of stress by avoiding the mistakes that we made.
This mentorship focuses on implementation, providing ongoing support and actionable knowledge. We help to walk you through all processes, rather than just provide information.
Included in this mentorship programme:
- 1-2-1 discovery call with us to better understand your situation and create a strategy for moving forward
- Secret marketing techniques to attract yoga teachers to your venue
- All the resources, tools and templates you need to start and systemise your retreat venue business with step by step guidance
- How to quickly and effectively set up your property for yoga retreats
- Calls each week with retreat venue expert and property owners, Elliot and Jeremy, to help better understand your unique situation, walk you through the process and to answer any questions you have
- How to easily tap in to the growing market of yoga teachers
- How you could grow your annual rentals by 200% and create a 6-figure income from 1 retreat venue
- How to increase your income by providing services to your guests
- Growing your business by taking on more venues
- Industry tips to provide a top quality, professional service that will have your clients returning again and again
- Actionable insights from industry experts – both retreat venue owners and yoga teachers
Who are we?
We are father and son property entrepreneurs Jeremy and Elliot. Together we have over 40 years experience in business and 20 years experience in the hospitality industry. Jeremy is the previous owner of the now renowned Hotel No.14 in Verbier, Switzerland (https://www.no14verbier.com) and they now both own and operate their short term accommodation portfolio in the UK and Spain (https://www.airbnb.co.uk/users/show/36184271).
We started our retreat venue business, TFS Retreats in 2014 (https://tfsretreats.com) at Villa La Pena in Tarifa, Spain, a 7 bedroom property we owned as a holiday home. For 10 years prior to this, we rented the property through local holiday letting agents. Typically we’d be renting for the summer months, plus a couple of others here and there. 12 weeks would be a good achievement and would go some way to covering the costs of the property, although a property of this size is not cheap to run! Due to the costs involved, we seriously thought about selling the property before deciding to attempt to expand our season in some way.
A friend of ours came to look at the place one day and mentioned the potential for yoga retreat rentals, if we could make some changes to the place and advertise it correctly. Fast forward to today and we now rent this venue to yoga teachers for around 30 weeks a year (April-November) plus we still have kept the summer months free for holiday rentals. This means we now regularly achieve 35 weeks rented a year, a 200% increase in rentals and for about 25 of these weeks we sell various services to our retreat clients such as catering and transport. From this property alone, we achieve an income over €100k euros from rental and services sold, a big achievement considering the seasonality of holiday rental market in Spain.
Our model has proved popular and we now run retreats at other venues such as another 2 villas in Tarifa and another in Valencia. This amounts to around 60-70 retreats a year and increasing, as we build our client base and continue to improve our service. Although we only have around 20-30 clients, we have built up good relationships with them so many are running multiple retreats a year and returning year on year, often jumping between venues.
As the number of clients in business terms is relatively small, this is well within the reach of most venue owners, as long as they are willing to put the initial work in to find these people, nurture the relationship and provide a top quality service so they return again and again. We have also found that as the yoga teachers circle are quite close knit, word of mouth is incredibly powerful and some of our best clients have been referred to us by others.
As we don’t live in or near to our retreat venues, our income from this is almost entirely remote and passive, although it has meant we’ve had to get the right local team in place to manage these things for us.
We truly believe that retreat venue rentals are an incredibly powerful tool for venue owners in the fast changing holiday let rental market. With many seasonal holiday rental properties sitting empty for over 8 months of the year, this is a strategy that can drastically increase occupancy. Although it’s a more hands on approach, it’s a very rewarding experience when guests leave feeling happy and willing to return next year.
To enquire further please email email@example.com or call Elliot on 07904818754.